A Friendly Farewell is a video released in 2015 on the Wooden Railway website and on the official YouTube channel on 8 August 2015.
It is time for Sam and Logan to leave the Island of Sodor and Edward remembers the time Logan mistakenly gave Gordon the trucks full of bubbles and Thomas and Percy remember when they helped Sam build the museum. Sam and Logan cross the bridge to return to the mainland to continue their work there. It was sad to see them leave, but Edward tells Thomas and Percy that they will hopefully return to Sodor again in the future. This makes the two little engines happy, and Edward also mentions that they also have each other, and best friends will always be "best friends".
- Thomas (does not speak)
- Percy (does not speak)
- Logan (does not speak)
- Sam (does not speak)
- James (stock footage cameo)
- Gator (stock footage cameo)
- Cranky (stock footage cameo)
- Big Mickey (stock footage; faceless; cameo)
- Bill and Ben (still shot; cameo)
- Stephen (still shot; cameo)
- Samson (still shot; cameo)
- Mavis (still shot; cameo)
- Den (still shot; cameo)
- Dart (still shot; cameo)
- Millie (still shot; cameo)
- Annie and Clarabel (still shot; cameo)
- Kevin (still shot; cameo)
- Vicarstown Bridge
- Sodor Museum
- Brendam Docks (stock footage)
- Sodor Shipping Company (stock footage)
- Ffarquhar Quarry (still shot)
- Sodor Steamworks (still shot)
- Town Square (still shot)
- Sodor China Clay Company (still shot)
- Ulfstead Castle (still shot)
- Vicarstown Dieselworks (still shot)
- Mark Moraghan as the narrator and Edward
- Kerry Shale as Gordon
- Stock footage from Tale of the Brave is used.
- Still shots from Tale of the Brave, The Adventure Begins, Marion and the Pipe, Marion and the Dinosaurs, Disappearing Diesels, Samson at Your Service and Thomas the Quarry Engine are shown.
- Mark Moraghan voices Edward instead of William Hope.
- The scene where Sam lifts the bell into the tower takes place in broad daylight, however in the book, Sam and the Great Bell it took place at night.