- “Mud, glorious mud!”
A Happy Day for Alfie, originally titled Edward Saves the Day, is a Thomas and the Pack episode.
Gordon is disappointed when his hard work is being ignored. But when Donald and Douglas' reckless behaviour causes a water pump to burst and Percy becomes trapped in thick mud, Gordon rushes to the rescue and finally gets the attention he deserves.
- Alfie as Percy
- Thomas as Jack
- Percy as Alfie
- Oliver as Oliver (The Pack)
- Donald and Douglas as Max and Monty
- Edward as Kelly
- Gordon as Byron
- Duck as Buster
- Sir Topham Hatt as Miss. Jenny (cameo)
- The Foreman (cameo)
- The Library Building Site
- Sodor Construction Company Yard
- Cronk (mentioned)
- The original title for this episode was going to be Gordon Saves the Day, although that title is still listed on Virgin TV Anytime's website.
- Percy's line, "Mud, glorious mud!" comes from the chorus of the popular Flanders and Swann song, The Hippopotamus.
- This episode marks Gordon as Byron's last speaking role to date.
- This is the only Thomas and the Sodor Construction Company episode where Jack as Thomas does not appear.
- The current title is misleading as this episode is mainly focused around Gordon.
- When Gordon is cutting out the trench, his treads keep moving after he stops.
In Other Languages
|Dutch||Een gelukkige dag voor Alfie|
|German||Ein glücklicher Tag für Alfie|