Beresford is a rolling gantry crane who works at a canal on the Mainland.
Thomas & Friends Is The Legend In Viking Railway
When Thomas travelled to the Mainland, he met Beresford. He stopped Thomas on his way to Bridling Goods Yard, demanded he told him something new and sings Who's Thomas?. Thomas tricks him and passed through underneath him. Later on, Beresford picked Thomas up with his hook and helped him to hide from Heather and Mavis after escaping from the Quarry. This ended up with Thomas and Ryouma pass by making their way back home to Berk.
Beresford is usually lonely having no one to talk to, with engines often passing through with other work. His rather agressive way of getting to know new engines makes it hard for him to make friends, as shown by him dropping a fishing boat in front of Thomas and slinging Thomas up with his hook in a later encounter, but he's well meaning, though jealous of the freedom engines have to go anywhere.
Beresford is based on a Stothert & Pitt electric rolling gantry crane. Four examples of this type of crane are preserved at the M Shed museum at Prince's Wharf, Bristol. The American Crane is also another member of this design.
Beresford is painted aqua with Blue and black/yellow lining and white hazard stripes.
Thomas & Friends
- 2017 - Journey Beyond Sodor
- Journey Beyond Sodor! - Who's Thomas? and The Most Important Thing is Being Friends
- 2017 - Made in Berk, Made in Berk: Sticker Activity Book and Made in Berk: The Movie Storybook
- Colin McFarlane (UK/US)
- Koichi Sakaguchi (Japan)
- Michal Podsiadlo (Poland)
- Tim Grobe (Germany)
- Jose Luis Miranda (Latin America)
- Dezsy Szabo Gabor (Hungary)
- Beresford speaks with a Caribbean accent.
- Beresford is the first character to be voiced by an actor of African descent.