Thomas & Friends
When there is fog about, Cyril puts detonators on the tracks to warn the engines. One time, he was replace by a foghorn, but saved the day when the foghorn caused a landslide with its vibrations, which crushed it and made Thomas crash. Cyril was soon given the job back and has proven to be useful. In the tenth season, he can be seen working with Farmer McColl on McColl Farm. In the eleventh season, he was a lighthouse keeper.
In the twenty-second season, a series of near misses and accidents during a foggy day led of the Fat Controller inviting Cyril to Knapford. There, he reintroduced rail detonators to the engines and set them up, using Philip to demonstrate how they work. Thanks to these detonators, the engines were able to work without worrying about having an accident. However, Samson mistook them for fireworks and ran away in fright, going faster out of surprise at each detonation.
Thomas & Friends
- Series 6- Harvey to the Rescue (cameo), No Sleep for Cranky (stock footage cameo), The Fogman, It's Only Snow (cameo), Scaredy Engines (cameo), Percy and the Haunted Mine (cameo), James and the Red Balloon (cameo), Gordon Takes a Tumble (cameo) and Thomas the Jet Engine (cameo)
- Series 7- Emily's New Coaches (cameo), Percy Gets it Right (cameo), Bill, Ben and Fergus (cameo), Toby's Windmill (cameo), Salty's Stormy Tale (cameo), Snow Engine (cameo), Something Fishy (cameo), The Runaway Elephant (deleted scene cameo), Peace and Quit (deleted scene cameo), Bulgy Rides Again (cameo), Gordon and Spencer (cameo) and Three Cheers for Thomas (cameo)
- Series 8- Henry and the Wishing Tree (cameo) and Gordon Takes Charge (cameo)
- Series 10- The Green Controller (cameo), Big Strong Henry (cameo), Seeing the Sights (cameo), Thomas' Frosty Friend (cameo), and Thomas and the Treasure (cameo)
- Series 11- Thomas and the Lighthouse (not named), Smoke and Mirrors (cameo), and Toby's Triumph (cameo)
- Series 12- Thomas and the Billboard (cameo)
- Series 22- Confusion Without Delay (not named) and Samson and the Fireworks
He may appear in the twenty-fourth series.
- 2008 - The Great Discovery (cameo)
- 2016 - The Great Race (cameo)
- 2003 - A Foggy Friend
- 2004 - James and the Red Balloon (cameo), and Bertie and the Race (cameo)
- 2007 - Seeing the Sights (cameo) and Thomas' Frosty Friend (cameo)
- 2008 - Thomas and the Lighthouse! (cameo)
- Kerry Shale (UK/US)
- Ryoichi Tanaka (Japan; sixth series only)
- Nobuaki Kanemitsu (Japan; eleventh series only)
- Yuta Odagaki (Japan; twenty-second series onwards)
- Gerhart Hinze (Germany)
- Cyril's CGI model was modified from an old male passenger.