- “I'll show that smelly diesel and those lazy steamers!”
Dunkin Duncan is the twenty-fourth episode of the sixth season.
Rusty, Rheneas, and Skarloey are sent to the incline railway to help Duncan with an important job. Rusty hopes that Duncan would stay out of trouble, but Duncan is already impatient and behaves rudely towards the others. Skarloey and Rheneas do not like Duncan telling them what to do.
Duncan wants everyone to work faster, but Rusty and Rheneas tell him that they are proper engines and that they follow the rules. Duncan still tells them to work faster, so he shows the others how fast a useful engine can work by biffing one slate truck after another. Rusty warns Duncan that slate trucks would pay him back for being biffed. The engines see that Duncan will not listen, so they chuff away from the incline with their trucks of slate.
Duncan pushes the trucks around and, while shunting some empties at the incline, gets his coupling tangled with a truck. The winch hauls the trucks and Duncan up the slope. Rusty arrives in time to see everything, and Duncan's weight is too much for the winch and a coupling breaks, making Duncan run down the hill into the swamp.
After Duncan is pulled out, Mr. Percival reprimands him for being an irresponsible engine as his impatience has caused confusion and delay and orders him to apologize to the other engines. Duncan does so, but Mr. Percival still punishes him, telling him that once he is repaired, he will work at the incline until he learns to be patient and careful.
- Mr. Percival
- Skarloey Bridge
- Rheneas Viaduct
- Skarloey Railway Slate Quarry
- The title of this episode is possibly a reference to Dunkin Donuts, an American global doughnut company and coffeehouse.
- This episode aired in AUS on Thanksgiving 2002.
- CGI smoke is used after Duncan falls into the swamp.
- From this episode onwards, Skarloey is lacking the gold stripe around the top of his funnel and his buffers are black.
- Peter Sam is the only narrow gauge engine who does not appear in this episode.
- Duncan shouting "HELP!" in both dubs the same recording of Diesel's voice used from The World's Strongest Engine.
- This is the first time Sir Topham Hatt says, "confusion and delay," which would become his catchphrase later on.
- The narrator says "Rusty, Rheneas and Skarloey chugged cheerfully through the Sodor countryside," but Rusty is a diesel and therefore cannot chug. In addition, Skarloey looked miserable and his eyes were wonky.
- When Duncan falls into the swamp, one of the trucks splatters mud under his mouth, but seconds afterwards, the mud is all over his buffers and mouth.
- A string can be seen moving off screen when the trucks fall in the mud.
- Books - Dunkin' Duncan and Duncan Goes for a Swim (Germany only)
|<< Series 5||Series 6||Series 7 >>|
|#01 Lady Returns||#10 A Friend in Need||#19 What's in the Name||#28 Thomas, Percy and the Squeak||#37 Alfred's Important Passenger|
|#02 Impatient Crovan||#11 Double Teething Troubles||#20 Express Reassess||#29 Thomas the Jet Engine||#38 Signal Failure|
|#03 Salty's Secret||#12 You Can Do It, Derek!||#21 Tucker and James||#30 Edward the Very Useful Engine||#39 Thomas and the Swan|
|#04 Harvey to the Rescue||#13 Henry Sees Red||#22 James and the Red Balloon||#31 Dunkin Duncan||#40 It's Only Snow|
|#05 No Sleep for Cranky||#14 Twin Trouble||#23 Jack Frost||#32 Rusty Saves the Day|
|#06 A Bad Day for Harold the Helicopter||#15 The World's Strongest Engine||#24 Gordon Takes a Tumble||#33 Faulty Whistles|
|#07 Elizabeth the Vintage Lorry||#16 Scaredy Engines||#25 Percy's Chocolate Crunch||#34 Duke The Proud Engine|
|#08 The Fogman||#17 Percy and the Haunted Mine||#26 Buffer Bother||#35 The Missing Tender|
|#09 Jack Jumps In||#18 Spam Jam||#27 Toby Had a Little Lamb||#36 Liz’s Chocolate Bunnies|