- “Hello, Emily! My name's Whiff, because I'm a bit smelly. You're going to help me collect rubbish/garbage!”
Emily's Rubbish, retitled Emily and the Garbage in American releases, is the sixth episode of the eleventh series. It is based on the story of the same name from the Railway Series book Emily the Stirling Engine.
Emily is asked to help a new engine called Whiff, but is mortified to discover he is scruffy and smelly and that the two are to collect rubbish trucks. Emily grudgingly sets off with Whiff, but she is teased dreadfully when they meet the Steam Trio (Steven, Alain and Ellie). She runs away from him, but when she passes more engines, they laugh at her as well. She stops at a level crossing where Elizabeth is waiting at and wants to meet the new engine. Emily lies and says he got lost, but Whiff arrives saying that he did not and Emily puffs away. She hides down her branch line, in a tunnel and by a water tower in succession, but is seen every time. She finally manages to lose him when she sees Crovan in front of some rubbish trucks that are in his way. Helen hopes that Emily tries to move them over, but they are so heavy that she cannot move them by herself. She asks Alain and Steven for help, but they refuse to do so since they are busy, and Emily realises Whiff is the only one who will. After finding him, the two pull the trucks away so Crovan can get through. Crovan is impressed and calls Whiff a useful engine. Emily replies back that Whiff is her good friend, too.
- Colin (does not speak)
- Barry (does not speak)
- Sheffield (does not speak)
- BoCo (cameo)
- Sir Topham Hatt (mentioned)
- Kevin Volley (mentioned)
- Rosie (deleted scene)
- Misty Valley
- Cyril's Cottage
- Knapford Yards
- Three-Track Level Crossing
- Bridge over Single-Track Tunnel Runby
- Going by production order, this is the sixth episode of the eleventh series.
- Rosie was intended to have a role in this episode as he is seen in a deleted scene.
- This episode was shown in select USA cinemas as part of Thomas and Friends on the Big Screen.
- The release of this episode in the UK coincided with the release of the forty-first Railway Series book, Thomas and Victoria.
- This marks Colin, Barry and Sheffield’s only appearances in the eleventh series.
- Steven: Who's your messy new friend of yours with the funny whistle Emily?
- Alain: We smelled you coming from miles!
- Whiff: My name's Whiff!
- Ellie: It suits you! Pweeeeeeh!
Main article: Emily's Rubbish (Pstephen054 version)/Transcript
Thomas and Friends Fanfic Wiki has a collection of images and media related to Emily's Rubbish.
|<< Series 10||Series 11||Series 12 >>|
|#01 Thomas and the Storyteller||#10 Gordon and the Mechanic||#19 Crovan's Triumph||#28 Sir Handel in Charge|
|#02 Overloaded||#11 Thomas and the Spaceship||#20 Adam and the Runaway Car||#29 Ding-a-Ling|
|#03 Avalanche||#12 Henry's Lucky Day||#21 Lady in Trouble|
|#04 Toby's Vintage Train||#13 Thomas and the Lighthouse||#22 Adam and the Stinky Cheese|
|#05 Eels on Wheels||#14 Alfred and the Big Bang||#23 Percy and the Left Luggage|
|#06 Emily's Rubbish||#15 Smoke and Mirrors||#24 Cool Truckings|
|#07 Dirty Work||#16 Edward Sets Sail||#25 Wash Behind Your Buffers|
|#08 Don't be Silly, Billy||#17 Lady and the Mail||#26 Edward and Adam's Modern Troubles|
|#09 Hector the Horrid!||#18 Hide and Peep||#27 Duncan Does it All|