Harriet, Old Slow Coach, or simply known as Coach, is a Great Western Railway clerestory brake coach.
Thomas & Friends
Old Slow Coach was a luxurious coach when she was first brought to the Island of Sodor, but was eventually replaced by modern rolling stock. She was sent to the scrap yards, and was long due for the scrapheap when Thomas and Percy met her. The two tank engines vowed to find a way to save her, and their chance came sooner than expected when the workmen's hut was destroyed by a fire. Percy suggested that Old Slow Coach could house the workmen while a new hut was being made. Old Slow Coach was restored and taken to the beach to be used as the hut for the workmen.
After the workmen's hut was rebuilt, Old Slow Coach was brought back on the rails to be used as a coach again. When Percy was looking for something "old" for Mrs. Kyndley's Daughter's good luck package at her wedding, she became the "old" item.
Old Slow Coach is based on a Falmouth Coupe TRI brake coach, built in 1893 for the Great Western Railway.
Old Slow Coach is painted in the Great Western Railway's chocolate and cream coach livery.
Thomas & Friends
- Season 5 - Every Cloud has a Silver Lining
- 2002 - Thomas and Percy to the Rescue and Thomas and the Rumors and other Thomas the Tank Engine Stories
- 2006 - Thomas' Sticker Express
- 2005 - Strange Sounds (cameo)
- 2007 - DVD Bingo
- 2008 - Begins Educational Learning
- Old Slow Coach is the first coach with moving eyes and a moulded face like the engines, the second being Henrietta, starting from the eighteenth season.
- Old Slow Coach was also the last sentient coach to be created in the television series until the Slip Coachesin the eighteenth season.
- In the Spanish, Czech and Polish dubs, Old Slow Coach is portrayed as a male.
- Old Slow Coach was the last rolling stock character introduced in the Classic Series and the last one introduced until Rocky in the tenth season.
- ERTL (discontinued)
- Wooden Railway (discontinued)
- Thomas Engine Collection Series (discontinued)
- Hornby (discontinued)
- Motor Road and Rail (Asia only; discontinued)
- Trading Cards (discontinued)
- Nakayoshi (discontinued)
- Boss (discontinued)