|It's Only Snow|
|Season 6, Episode 40|
|Written by||Stephen Patton and ElmoRudy55|
|Directed by||Stephen Patton and ElmoRudy55|
Thomas and the Swan
Snow Problem (S7)
“Big, horrid, awkward thing!”
- ―Thomas grumbling about his snowplow
It's Only Snow is the forty-first and final episode of the sixth series.
It is winter on the Island of Sodor. The engines do not mind the weather because they love this time of the year, especially when the stations look festive due to the decorations. There is plenty of work with passengers and parcels to be delivered, no matter the weather. At Knapford Station, Edward tells the other engines that his driver said that there is more snow on the way. James, in an angry mood, says that they will soon be wearing their snowploughs, and Henry asks Thomas if he will be enjoying it. Thomas, also in an angry mood, tells them that he never will like it because he hates wearing his snowplough. He remembers the time he asked Lady to used his snowplough and hauled the trucks on her own before she got an accident.
That night, the wind is blowing and the snow is falling heavily. In the morning, Thomas has to take a Christmas Tree to the village with Toby, and is very angry when he has to wear his old snowplough. Sir Topham Hatt assures him that everyone needs to wear a snowplough during the winter. On the way to the village, Thomas' snowplough runs into a rock on the track. It flies off to the side, and destroys a water tower. Thomas' driver does not think they can continue, but Thomas is determined to reach the station. He pushes the snow away as hard as he can, and soon reaches the village. The villagers are very pleased with their tree.
The following morning, Sir Topham Hatt praises Thomas' bravery taking on the snow without a snowplough, and because no other snowploughs are available, Thomas is told he will have to work without a snowplough for a while, leaving him feeling very proud.
- Sir Topham Hatt
- Annie and Clarabel (indirectly; do not speak)
- Gordon (cameo)
- Daisy (cameo)
- BoCo (cameo)
- Henrietta (cameo)
- Dowager Hatt (cameo)
- Jeremiah Jobling (cameo)
- Mrs. Kyndley (cameo)
- Cyril the Fogman (cameo)
- Nancy (cameo)
- The Storyteller (cameo)
- The Special Visitor (cameo)
- One member of the Railway Board (cameo)
- Allicia Botti (poster cameo)
- Percy (deleted scene cameo, role replaced by Lady)
- Lower Tidmouth
- The Windmill
- The Quarry Tramroad (stock footage)
- Elsbridge Viaduct (deleted scene)
- Toby's Branch Line (deleted scene)
- Knapford Harbour (deleted scene)
- Tidmouth Bay (mentioned on the poster)
- Stock footage from A Friend in Need is used.
- The working title for this episode may have been Trouble for Thomas (the US title for Thomas and the Trucks), as this was the title used in the annual adaptation of the story in 2004 and the book adaptation of the story in 2007.
- This episode never aired in the US, but it is only on Thomas' Snowy Surprise DVD and VHS in October 2003.
- This episode aired in AUS on Halloween 2002.
- The location where Thomas collected the Christmas tree was originally Brendam. Additionally, Edward's role of telling Thomas about the tree was originally going to be for Salty. The scene of Thomas collecting the tree from Brendam was seen in the song, Winter Wonderland. This version was kept in the 2004 annual adaptation of the story.
- This is the only episode of a few things:
- The only sixth season episode written by James Mason, but also his first episode before writing The Refreshment Lady's Tea Shop for the seventh season.
- The only time to date Thomas has been shown wearing a snowplough other than his blue one.
- The only appearance of Ballahoo station in the television series to date, however the town appears in Day of the Diesels, nine years later.
- Three posters at Knapford read Allicia Botti in concert tonight at the castle.
- This episode marks the first of two things:
- The first appearance of Knapford Station since the fourth season episode, Paint Pots and Queens.
- The first episode to use the term "winter holidays," a term that would later get criticised by Hilary Fortnam.
- Edward: Driver says there's more snow on the way.
- James: We'll soon be wearing our snowploughs.
- Henry: You'll enjoy that, won't you, Thomas?
- Thomas: You know I won't. I don't like my own snowplough!
- Thomas: [mutters about his old snowplough] Big, horrid, awkward thing.
- Wooden Railway - Adventures of Thomas
- Thomas Engine Collection Series - Surprised Thomas with Snowplough
- Books - Trouble for Thomas
- Magazine stories - It's Only Snow!
Main article: It's Only Snow (Pstephen054 version)/Transcript
|<< Series 5||Series 6||Series 7 >>|
|#01 Lady Returns||#10 A Friend in Need||#19 What's in the Name||#28 Thomas, Percy and the Squeak||#37 Alfred's Important Passenger|
|#02 Impatient Crovan||#11 Max-imum Overdrive||#20 Express Reassess||#29 Thomas the Jet Engine||#38 Signal Failure|
|#03 Salty's Secret||#12 Henry Sees Red||#21 Tucker and James||#30 Edward the Very Useful Engine||#39 Thomas and the Swan|
|#04 Harvey to the Rescue||#13 Thomas, Lady and the Snowplough||#22 James and the Red Balloon||#31 Dunkin Duncan||#40 It's Only Snow|
|#05 No Sleep for Cranky||#14 Twin Trouble||#23 Jack Frost||#32 Rusty Saves the Day|
|#06 A Bad Day for Harold the Helicopter||#15 The World's Strongest Engine||#24 Gordon Takes a Tumble||#33 Faulty Whistles|
|#07 Elizabeth the Vintage Lorry||#16 Scaredy Engines||#25 Percy's Chocolate Crunch||#34 Duke The Proud Engine|
|#08 The Fogman||#17 Percy and the Haunted Mine||#26 Buffer Bother||#35 The Missing Tender|
|#09 Jack Jumps In||#18 Spam Jam||#27 Toby Had a Little Lamb||#36 Liz’s Chocolate Bunnies|