Kelly is a mobile crane, who works for the Sodor Construction Company. He is the oldest member of the Pack and originally belonged to Miss Jenny's father.
Thomas & Friends
Kelly was one of the first members of the Pack that Jack met, and he and Isobella both advised him to see the Foreman. A while later, he attempted to try and help Jack hold up a bridge that was collapsing, but by the time he had rushed over to the bridge, it had already collapsed.
Later, Kelly told the story of the One-eyed Truck to Percy and the rest of the Pack. Kelly also gained a fear of strong winds after an accident in which he was blown over, but he got over this fear after he rescued Isobella from falling off the Old Quarry Bridge. When Max and Monty carelessly crashed into the lightning tree, he, Alfie and Oliver hold the tree up while Jack goes to fetch the props and the tree is saved. He later helped with the restoration of Great Waterton.
Kelly is good at heart and gets along with everyone. He is especially good friends with Isobella. He is seen by many as the team's leader, and is usually given the most dangerous work to do. He will not be rushed and understands that work of this kind takes extreme care. Kelly used to have a slight fear of strong winds, but he conquered that fear when he rescued Isobella.
Kelly is based on a Coles Vintage 1937 EMA 5 Austin K6 lorry.
Kelly is painted navy blue with red lining and a cream crane arm. His wheels are navy blue with red lining. He has the number "17" painted on his sides in cream.
Thomas & Friends
- Season 6 - Jack Jump in & A Friend in need
- Jack & The Sodor construction compney- A visit From Thomas (Does Not speak), Percy scary Tale, Kelly Windy day, A tale For Thomas, Alfie has a Kitten & Glouris Mud (Cameo)
- Series 12- Percy & Bandstand (Cameo)
- 2008 - The Great Discovery (Cameo)
- Jack and the Sodor Construction Company - The Work Song and One Friendly Family
- The Great Discovery - There's a Job for Everyone and Thomas, You're the Leader
- 2006 - Jack
- 2007 - Alfie
- 2011 - Alfie the Excavator, Jack the Front Loader and The Big Book of Engines
- 2015 - A Really Useful Engine and Thomas' New Friend
- 2007 - DVD Bingo
- 2008 - Begins Educational Learning
- 2017 - Read and Play!
- Kozo Shioya (Japan; sixth season only)
- Kelly is the one of the machines whose silhouette is pictured on the Pack's logo.
- Kelly's horn sound was reused for Madge.
- Michael Brandon gave Kelly a Texan accent.
- In Czech version of Jack (Story Library Book), Kelly is referred to as female.
- Wooden Railway (discontinued)
- Take-n-Play (discontinued)
- TrackMaster (discontinued)
- Capsule Plarail (discontinued)