Lady Jane Hatt (née Brown) is Sir Topham Hatt's wife and the sister of Sir Handel Brown I. She is also the mother of Sir Charles Topham Hatt II, the grandmother of Stephen and Bridget Hatt, the aunt of Sir Handel Lloyd Brown II, and the sister-in-law of Sir Lowham Hatt.
Lady Hatt occasionally helps her husband with railway business, and the engines sometimes go to extreme lengths to help throw parties for her birthday. She likes the railway, but had a certain dislike for Thomas' coaches, Annie and Clarabel until they were cleaned and repainted. Although her husband runs a railway, she likes a day out on a boat or in their car.
Percy had the job of taking Lady Hatt to Great Waterton for a surprise; to see the brass band.
The engines are extremely fond of her and like when she visits the railway or rides in one of their coaches. A kind and gentle woman, Lady Hatt usually praises the engines for their good deeds.
In the first series, Lady Hatt's original outfit consisted of a white top with a light blue blouse with matching jeans. Her hair was also short.
In the third series, Lady Hatt was portrayed in a brief cameo wearing a blue button down. However, the rest of her attire is not shown. Her figure also slimmed and remains the appearance from the third season onwards.
In the fifth series, as well as a portrait image in Thomas and the Magic Railroad, her attire consisted of a pink shirt with an indigo sweater with a white pearl necklace. However, in Lady's Hatt's Birthday Party, she was seen wearing a pink evening gown in the ending sequence.
From the seventh series onward, Lady Hatt's current outfit consists a blue dress with white trim and a blue hat with a pink band and matching flower.
In The Green Controller and Topped Off Thomas, Lady Hatt's appearance temporarily changed; her outfit she had on was a light blue two button dress with a beige hat with a black hatband. She has ever since returned to her seventh season onward outfit.
Thomas & Friends
- Series 1 - Thomas' Train (cameo), James and the Coaches (cameo), Toby and the Stout Gentleman (does not speak) and Thomas in Trouble (does not speak)
- Series 3 - A Scarf for Percy (does not speak) and Bulgy
- Series 5 - Lady Hatt's Birthday Party, Happy Ever After (cameo) and Sir Topham Hatt's Holiday
- Series 7 - The Runaway Elephant, Bulgy Rides Again (cameo), The Grand Opening and Best Dressed Engine (cameo)
- Series 8 - Thomas and the Tuba (does not speak) and Percy and the Magic Carpet (cameo)
- Series 9 - Percy and the Oil Painting (cameo), Thomas and the Birthday Picnic (does not speak), Tuneful Toots (does not speak) and Flour Power (mentioned)
- Series 10 - Thomas and the Jet Plane (cameo), The Green Controller, Which Way Now? (cameo) and Topped Off Thomas (does not speak)
- Series 11 - Thomas Sets Sail (does not speak), Toby's Triumph (cameo), Thomas and the Runaway Car (does not speak) and Duncan Does it All (cameo)
- Series 12 - Rosie's Funfair Special (cameo), Saved You! and Percy and the Bandstand
- Series 13 - Tickled Pink (cameo), Double Trouble (does not speak), Toby's New Whistle, Thomas and the Runaway Kite (mentioned) and The Biggest Present of All (does not speak)
- Series 14 - Charlie and Eddie (does not speak), Pop Goes Thomas (cameo) and Jitters and Japes (cameo)
- Series 15 - Up, Up and Away!, Wonky Whistle (cameo) and Fiery Flynn (does not speak)
- Series 16 - Express Coming Through (cameo), Thomas and the Rubbish Train (does not speak), Thomas and the Sounds of Sodor (cameo), Muddy Matters (cameo) and Happy Birthday Sir! (does not speak)
- Series 17 - Wayward Winston (not named; does not speak) and The Afternoon Tea Express
- Series 19 - Who's Geoffrey? (mentioned), Diesel's Ghostly Christmas (cameo) and Reds vs. Blues (cameo)
- Series 20 - Engine of the Future
- Series 21 - Terence Breaks the Ice and Confused Coaches (cameo)
- Series 22 - Rosie is Red
- Series 24 - Thomas and the Royal Engine (cameo)
- 2000 - Thomas and the Magic Railroad (mentioned; portrait cameo)
- 2008 - The Great Discovery
- 2009 - Hero of the Rails (cameo)
- 2010 - Misty Island Rescue (cameo)
- 2011 - Day of the Diesels
- 2013 - King of the Railway (cameo)
- 2015 - Sodor's Legend of the Lost Treasure (cameo)
- 2016 - The Great Race (cameo)
- Series 9 - What Goes Where? (cameo)
- Series 10 - Who Can Take Them? & Which Outfit for Which Occasion? (cameo)
- Teresa Gallagher (UK; thirteenth series onwards - US; seventeenth series onwards)
- Jules de Jongh (US; thirteenth - fifteenth series)
- Fu Suzuki (Japan; fifth and seventh series)
- Ikumi Sugiyama (Japan; tenth - thirteenth series)
- Sakura Yoshioka (Japan; Day of the Diesels onwards)
- Ewa Serwa (Poland; thirteenth series onwards)
- Benedikte Kruse (Norway; thirteenth - fifteenth series, excluding Day of the Diesels)
- Marianne Westby (Norway; Day of the Diesels only)
- TBA (Norway; seventeenth series onwards)
- Gabriela Guzmán (Latin America; thirteenth series onwards, excluding twenty second series)
- Rocío Garcel (Latin America; twenty second series only)
- Sabine Hahn (Germany; Audio Books only)
- Margrit Strassburger (Germany; thirteenth series onwards)
- Blanche Ravalec (France and French speaking Canada; tenth series onwards)
- María Sánchez (Spain)
- Susa Saukko (Finland; thirteenth series onwards)
- Olga Kuznetsova (Russia)
- Elain Llwyd (Wales)
- Vina Papadopoulou (Greece)
- According to Lady Hatt's Birthday Party, Lady Hatt's birthday is during the summer.
- Lady Hatt is the only human character to have a namecard.
- In the Magazines, Lady Hatt is commonly referred to as "Lady Topham Hatt". This was what Wooden Railway called her as well. She is occasionally mistaken for Dowager Hatt also.
- Lady Hatt has changed a few times through the series:
- In the third season, Lady Hatt's appearance drastically changed.
- In the seventh season, she had less makeup on.
- From the twelfth season and onwards, she gained red lipstick.
- Her eye colour has also changed several times, they were blue in season one, black in seasons three through nine, blue again in The Green Controller, black again from the rest of season ten until The Great Discovery, and brown from season twelve and onwards.