Reg is a rail-based grappling crane who works at Crocks Scrap Yard on Edward's Branch Line.
Thomas & Friends
Reg works at Crocks Scrap Yard moving and unloading scrap and broken machinery into trucks so engines can take them to the Smelter's Yard.
In Tale of the Brave, he met James who had to collect some trucks of scrap. Reg created a colossal pile of scrap on a flatbed, later nicknamed the Scrap Monster. James used Reg's creation a few nights later to scare Percy.
Diesel once pretended to be Reg in order to hide from Paxton. Reg was confused as to why Paxton was chasing after silly Diesel. During Christmas time, Percy tried to encourage him to spruce up the scrapyard, but later discovered that Reg was celebrating Christmas in his own way, by making decorations from the scrap. Later, Reg almost scrapped Sir Topham Hatt's Car because of Samson, but Scruff stopped him just in time.
When Toby ran out of coal at the scrap yards, Reg tried to flag down an engine in order to give the tram engine some coal, but unintentionally made the other engines think he was scrapping Toby by lifting Toby off the rails and using him as the flag.
Edward later sent some scrap for Reg to take, including the old public service announcement system from Knapford. Reg used it to play music instead of scrapping it, until Edward asked for it back after the new P.A. system failed.
Reg is a cheery cheeky crane who works in the Scrap Yard on Edward’s Branch Line. He can be sarcastic at times and loves to crack a joke, but he knows his scrap and works hard too. He’s seen engines come and go and he knows where they end up if they aren't careful! Reg doesn't mind working with stuff that other people throw away and can see the good in things that have been neglected. He would probably never say it about himself, but Reg is a bit of a diamond in the rough.
Reg's specific basis is unknown. According to Sam Wilkinson, Reg is a hybrid design.
Reg is painted yellow with black warning stripes and has his name painted on his side.
Thomas & Friends
- Series 18 - Disappearing Diesels, The Perfect Gift and Samson Sent for Scrap
- Series 19 - The Truth About Toby
- Series 21 - P.A. Problems
- Series 22 - School of Duck, Seeing is Believing (cameo) and The Case of the Puzzling Parts
He may appear in the twenty-fourth series.
- 2014 - Tale of the Brave
- 2014 - Percy's Perfect Gift
- 2017 - The Kind Diesel (cameo)
- Tim Whitnall (UK/US)
- Achim Buch (Germany)
- Stan Limburg (The Netherlands)
- Kenta Miyake (Japan)
- Simen Sand (Norway; Tale of the Brave only)
- TBA (Norway; eighteenth series onwards)
- Eduardo Ménez (Latin America)
- Jacek Król (Poland)
- Nir Ron (Israel; Tale of the Brave only)
- TBA (Israel; eighteenth series onwards)
- Caco Pena (Brazil)
- Alfredo Martínez (Spain)
- Antti L. J. Pääkkönen (Finland; Tale of the Brave only)
- TBA (Finland; eighteenth series onwards)
- Loukas Frangoulis (Greece)
- In the Finnish dub, Reg's name is Reetu, which is also Freddie's name in that dub.
- Wooden Railway (discontinued)
- Take-n-Play (normal and snowy; discontinued)
- Collectible Railway
- Adventures (discontinued)
- Capsule Plarail