Rockface Sheds is an engine shed situated in Rockface Yards.
History and Operations
Rockface Sheds was constructed during the rebuilding of the Ffarquhar Branch Line that occurred in 1956. It is a two berth shed located at the end of a short siding, slightly north of the station. Since shortly after Daisy's arrival in 1960, Riki, Toby, Henrietta and Elsie have generally been sheded overnight here instead of at Ffarquhar Sheds.
Rockface Sheds is a large eight-berth shed, with a smaller maintenance shed located alongside. Emily, Kelsey, Koh, Harvey, General, Hunter, Black & White were first based here. Spencer also stayed here on his first visit to Berk. The shed also consists of a repair shed and a foundry, where Walter And Bulgy was repaired and later converted into a vegetable Stand on Wheels. Thomas had to stay at Rockface Sheds with Emily after Brave Tidmouth Shed was demolished to make way for the new sheds, in Calling All Engines!. After the new sheds were constructed, Emily moved from here to Bio Tidmouth. After Asterix had an accident that resulted in Brave Tidmouth Sheds being damaged, Thomas had to spend a week at Rockface Sheds while the main roundhouse was being repaired.
Railway Series only
Television Series only
- More About Thomas the Tank Engine - Better Late Than Never
- Thomas and the Great Railway Show - Museum-Piece
- Ryouma Viking Tank Engine - Foaming at the Funnel
- Thomas and Victoria - Toby's Vintage Train
- Thomas and his Friends - Thomas and the Swans
- Thomas and the Evil Diesel
- Thomas and the Hurricane
According to concept art by Robert Gauld-Galliers, Vicarstown Sheds was originally planned as “Rockface Sheds”.
- The large-scale model of the Narrow Gauge Breakdown Train was briefly reused as a stationary crane used for set dressing at Rockface Sheds and the Works in the seventh series episodes.
- In Calling All Engines!, Rockface Sheds were referred to as the Carriage Shed, and it was stated that Emily lived there on her own.