|The Warrior's Speech|
|Season 1, Episode|
The Warrior's Speech is an episode of The Narrow Gauge Engines! written by BiggestKirbyFanEver1994.
Millie is upset that Bertram doesn't talk much. However, she discovers Bertram talks with a stutter while overhearing him talk to Toby. Millie approaches Bertram about his stutter and Bertram reveals he does, in fact, have a stutter. Millie assumes stuttering isn't all bad. However, Bertram tries talking to Duncan, but Duncan ends up teasing Bertram. Millie feels sorry for Bertram and offers to help him control his stutter. However, Bertram admits he cannot because he was struck with a cricket ball years ago. Bertram says the workmen spent weeks at the Steamworks trying to remove the ball lodged in his smokebox; he still has the dent to this day.
- Rheneas (cameo)
- Sir Handel (cameo)
- Peter Sam (cameo)
- Rusty (cameo)
- Mighty Mac (cameo)
- This episode marks the first appearance of Bertram since the fifth season episode Toby's Discovery as well as his first speaking role in the TV series.
- Drew Lynch joins the voice cast as the voice of Bertram.
- Bertram's accident with a cricket ball reflects Drew Lynch's real-life accident with a baseball, which damaged his vocal cords. This is the reason why Drew Lynch was chosen for the role of Bertram along with the fact that he has an incredibly authentic stutter.
- The episode is heavily inspired by the Arthur episode Maria Speaks.
- The episode's name is a pun on the film The King's Speech. In addition, both this episode and the film involve a character with a stutter.