- “Definitely a coloratura”
- ―Edward after hearing Allicia Botti scream
Thomas, Percy and the Squeak is the eleventh episode of the sixth series.
Allicia Botti, a famous opera singer, is coming to Sodor for a concert and the engines are wondering who will take her to the venue at the castle, a job that Gordon Edward states Percy may be chosen for as he is very dirty. Come the following day, the Fat Controller chooses Thomas and tells him to be squeaky clean.
Thomas goes to the washdown where Percy is waiting to be cleaned. However, Thomas insists that he must go next as he has an important job. Percy sets off, still dirty, to collect some coaches for his guaranteed connection. Once Thomas and his coaches are cleaned and prepare to set off, however, they hear a squeak. His crew assume that Annie and Clarabel's wheels are the cause of this, so they oil them. But, once on the move again, the squeak continues, making Thomas concerned.
At Brendam, Thomas pulls up to collect Allicia Botti and the Fat Controller opens one of Clarabel's doors. However, there is a mouse inside, which causes Allicia Botti to scream in horror; she screams so loudly that windows shatter all around Brendam. Allicia Botti was cross and refuses to ride onboard Clarabel, much to the embarrassment of Thomas and the Fat Controller. Because of this, Thomas does not feel important at all. Just then, Percy arrives back from his guaranteed connection and Allicia Botti considers him as a proper engine because of his dirty appearance and decides to ride in one of his coaches instead.
Later, Thomas is back at the washdown when Percy arrives. This time, he lets Percy go next for his wash. That night, whilst Allicia Botti is performing her concert at the castle, Thomas, Toby and Percy are at Ffarqhuar Sheds where the mouse, whom Thomas named "Allicia," now lives.
- Sir Topham Hatt
- Allicia Botti
- Annie and Clarabel (do not speak)
- Lady (cameo)
- Stephen Hatt (cameo)
- Mrs. Kyndley (cameo)
- Farmer Trotter (cameo)
- Refreshment Lady (cameo)
- Nancy (cameo)
- Sir Topham Hatt's Brown-haired Assistant (cameo)
- The Storyteller (cameo)
- The Lighthouse Keeper (cameo)
- Edward (stock footage cameo)
- Henry (stock footage cameo)
- BoCo (stock footage cameo)
- Bertie (stock footage cameo)
- Bridget Hatt (stock footage cameo)
- Tower Windmill (stock footage)
Main article: Thomas, Percy and the Squeak (Our version)/Transcript
- Extended stock footage from the sixth series episode, Percy's Chocolate Crunch is used, as is cropped stock footage from the sixth series episode, Scaredy Engines. This is noticeable as, on the left of the scene, what appears to be jack-o-lanterns can be seen next to where the fireworks would have been in that episode.
- Allicia Botti's scream was used from a woman's scream from the 1996 film Independence Day.
- The sound effect for the mouse is often used as a squeaky door. It was particularly used in The Simpsons episode, Please Homer, Don't Hammer 'Em.
- At the end of the episode, the mouse squeaks once in the UK version, but in the US version, it squeaked twice.
- In the last close-up of Allicia Botti screaming, there is an animation effect for her uvula seen in her mouth.
- Due to scenes on one particular set across the series being filmed in one go, the scene at Knapford in this episode looks pretty similar to the first scene at Knapford in the sixth series episode, Edward the Very Useful Engine. The same people are boarding the same trains, the same engines are in the same positions and the same posters are up.
- Percy's original perspex model was used when he was dirty.
- This marks Allicia Botti's only speaking role until the eleventh series episode, Toby's Triumph.
- Gordon: Well one things for sure, he won't choose dirty Percy.
- Percy: Don't call me dirty Percy!
- Allicia Botti: A mouse!!!
- (she screams very loudly, causing some windows to break)
- Gordon: Definitely a coloratura.
- Allicia Botti: I can't possibly travel in coaches riddled with mice!
- Allicia Botti: Look at the little green engine! So-a sweet and-a dirty like a proper steam engine!
- Gordon: But he's filthy!
- Percy: I know. But I clean up nice!
|<< Series 5||Series 6||Series 7 >>|
|#01 Lady Returns||#10 A Friend in Need||#19 What's in the Name||#28 Thomas, Percy and the Squeak||#37 Alfred's Important Passenger|
|#02 Impatient Crovan||#11 Max-imum Overdrive||#20 Express Reassess||#29 Thomas the Jet Engine||#38 Signal Failure|
|#03 Salty's Secret||#12 Henry Sees Red||#21 Tucker and James||#30 Edward the Very Useful Engine||#39 Thomas and the Swan|
|#04 Harvey to the Rescue||#13 Thomas, Lady and the Snowplough||#22 James and the Red Balloon||#31 Dunkin Duncan||#40 It's Only Snow|
|#05 No Sleep for Cranky||#14 Twin Trouble||#23 Jack Frost||#32 Rusty Saves the Day|
|#06 A Bad Day for Harold the Helicopter||#15 The World's Strongest Engine||#24 Gordon Takes a Tumble||#33 Faulty Whistles|
|#07 Elizabeth the Vintage Lorry||#16 Scaredy Engines||#25 Percy's Chocolate Crunch||#34 Duke The Proud Engine|
|#08 The Fogman||#17 Percy and the Haunted Mine||#26 Buffer Bother||#35 The Missing Tender|
|#09 Jack Jumps In||#18 Spam Jam||#27 Toby Had a Little Lamb||#36 Liz’s Chocolate Bunnies|