- 1 Biographyedit | edit source
- 2 Attireedit | edit source
- 3 Appearances
- 4 Voice Actors
- 5 Trivia
- 6 Merchandise
Biographyedit | edit source
The Railway Seriesedit | edit source
Tom once fell ill and when he returned he found his chief had decided a bike was more economical than a Post Van. One morning, Tom was asked to fill in some forms. In a hurry, he propped his bike against the platform fencing and asked Percy to keep his eye on it. As Percy prepared to leave, later on, a boy climbed on the bike, rode out of control down the platform ramp and fell off, while the bike was crushed beneath Percy's wheels. Tom was disappointed, but his chief decided to give him a new post van, much to his delight.
He has retired from the Post Office now and lives a quiet life with his wife in a cottage near Ffarquhar Station.
Thomas & Friendsedit | edit source
Tom reprises his role from the Railway Series. However, unlike the books, he carelessly left his bike propped against one of Percy's mail vans after he was told to sign some important papers for the Fat Controller. When Percy tried to warn Tom, he was out of earshot and his driver did not see the bike. As a result of Percy moving forward, the bike falls beneath the vans and is torn to pieces.
Once, Samson mistook his bike for some scrap, which annoyed him. He chased after Samson and his truck of scrap and managed to get to the scrap yard, with the aid of Bertie, just in time to save his bike.
Attireedit | edit source
Tom Tipper wears a postman's uniform, which consists of a dark blue jacket with red markings over a white shirt, a black tie and dark blue trousers, with a dark blue cap with a red brim.
The Railway Series
- Really Useful Engines - Mind that Bike
- 2005 - Sodor: Reading Between the Lines (mentioned)
Thomas & Friends
- Series 4 - Thomas and the Special Letter (cameo) and Mind that Bike
- Series 6 - Edward the Very Useful Engine (cameo)
- Series 7 - Bulgy Rides Again (cameo)
- Series 18 - The Perfect Gift (cameo) and Samson Sent for Scrap
- Series 20 - Letters to Santa (does not speak)
- Series 24 - Kenji on the Rails Again (cameo)
- Series 5 - Donald's Duck
- Series 18 - It's Christmas Time
- 2000 - A Special Story About the Sodor Mail Van (possible cameo)
- 2001 - Pulling the Post
- 2003 - Where's Wag? (mentioned)
- 2008 - Percy's Post!
- 2010 - Pulling the Post
- 2011 - Steam on Stamps and Caroline's Christmas
- 2012 - Percy the Post Train
- 2001 - Railway Adventures
- Keith Wickham (UK/US)
- Nobutoshi Canna (Japan; fourth series only)
- Katsuhiro Tokuishi (Japan; eighteenth series onwards)
- George Carlin gave Tom Tipper an Scottish accent in the US narration - however, Keith Wickham depicts him with a West Country accent.
- Tom Tipper has speaking roles in Series 4 and Series 24.