"I'd like to introduce you to my good friend Yong Bao, from China! Yong Bao is a large tender engine, and the pride of the Chinese Railway. There are many steam engines in China, but none are as beautiful and majestic as Yong Bao. Yong Bao competed in the Best Decorated Engine competition at the Great Railway Show. He's especially known for the golden tiger painted on his tender. Yong Bao is really brave but he's also a very wise engine. He has taught me so much about China, and what it's like working on the railway. I can't wait to see what else my good friend Yong Bao has to teach me about China!" - Thomas talks about Yong Bao in Meet the Characters!
Yong Bao is a tender engine from China.
- Dan Li (UK/US; Big World! Big Adventures! - Series 23)
- Chris Lew Kum Hoi (UK/US; Series 24 - present)
- Mark Moraghan (Yong Bao the Brave Chinese Engine only)
- Hiroo Sasaki (Japan)
- Grzegorz Kwiecień (Poland)
- Dan Schatzberg (Israel)
- Jörn Linnenbröker (Germany)
- Enrique Galvan (Latin America)
Thomas & Friends
- Series 22 - Number One Engine, Thomas in the Wild, The Water Wheel, Thomas and the Dragon and Runaway Truck
- Series 23 - Grudge Match (stock footage cameo) and Wish You Were Here
- Series 24 - Yong Bao and the Tiger
- Meet the Characters! - Meet Yong Bao of China (does not speak)
- Yong Bao is the first character to appear in all Chinese episodes. The second would be Gina.